Registration from abroad

You are here:
  • Wat is het?

    Would you like to stay from abroad for longer than 4 months in the Netherlands? You must, within 5 days of arrival, make an appointment and come in person to get registered. Do you have a partner and/or children who also need to be registered? Then they have to come along with you.

    You can only be registered if you have a valid residential permit for the Netherlands.

    Do you have a EU-nationality? Make an appointment 

    Another nationality: Make an appointment 

  • How to

    Residential permit

    If you wish to be registered you must have a valid residential permit. You automatically have this in the following cases:

    • you have the Dutch nationality
    • you have the nationality of a country in the European Union, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Iceland
    • you have a valid residential permit
    • you have handed in an application form for a valid residential permit at the IND (Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst). You may wait for the outcome of this application in Holland

    If you have not yet applied for a residential permit, but you do have an MVV (Machtiging tot
    verblijf), you must make an appointment to be registered in the Meierijstad, before going to the IND to apply for a residential permit. You will receive more information about this during your appointment.

  • Bring along

    If you move to Holland from Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, Sint Eustatius of Sint Maarten you also need

    • proof of deregistration
  • How long does it take?

    How long will it take?

    We will registrate you as soon as possible. Within 4 weeks, after registration, you get a letter that you have been registrated and how you are registrated.